Thursday, August 29, 2013

Blog Help: Email Marketing

Blog Help: Email Marketing

email marketingDo you know what email marketing is?
One of the biggest set backs of the “Free” blogging platform is the inability to add an auto responder to your blog.
No disrespect to the free platforms because I started onWordPress.com when I first got into blogging. I didn’t have a budget and I was willing to use the limitation I had to build my business. It wasn’t until I got banned from the site and lost all my traffic that I realized the downfall of having a “Free” blog site.
The blessing of creating and having is your own blog is that you can never get kicked off/banned and you can customize the look and feel to what you want to represent.
Email Marketing is a very powerful tool to have on your blog. It gives you the ability to stay in contact with your fan. You will notice that I have 2 auto-responders on this blog post. The one on the right top is a download for a free book. One of my favorites actually. The other is at the end of this post and that is for getting signed up to receive my blog updates.
So people have at least 2 options to opt in to my mailing list.
Today I share some insight on the importance of email marketing. Enjoy.

What Email Marketing  Do I Recommend?

There are a lot of auto responders out there for email marketing. The two I am going to recommend is because I have used them. I will mention a few others but I have never used them. Do some research and find which email marketing tool is right for your needs.
  • Aweber – my number one favorite. Have been using it for years. I love the email capture forms and the ease of this. It may take a few minutes to learn but there are some great tutorials about this system. As an affiliate they allow multiple email share forms. Which means your affiliate gets the email address and so do you!
  • Icontact – used this in the very beginning of my blogging career. Amazing social media integration and super easy to use.
  • Constant Contact
  • MailChimp
Prices will vary with each email marketing system. Find the one that fits your budget and your needs.
Suggestions for how to use email marketing?
Use it for reminders, competitions, sweepstakes, give a ways, free offers, and so much more. The list really is endless for what you can use email marketing for. But it is one of the requirements for any of my blogging students. I tell them that it is the fastest way to make money with your blog.
If you got value from this blog post on Blog Help: Email Marketing please share on Facebook and Twitter using the icons below.  If you are using an email marketing system that I have not mentions please share below and why you like their service.
To receive updates to my blog enter your name and email address into the box below.
Awesome Sauce Updates…
Chef Katrina’s Blog
We respect your email privacy

Blog Help: Email Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment