Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Excuse me... Do You Speak Blog?

Excuse Me… Do You Speak Blog?

If you are just getting into creating your blog or have been at it for a while but feel like you are stumbling around because of the lingo…
You want to find someone that speaks blog.
My first experience with blogging had me guessing. I had no idea how to install a header or footer. What is the difference between a page and a post. Did tags matter? What the heck was a category? How did you create a custom menu?
AWWWWWW it just seemed overwhelming and the question I had were never ending!
So of course I Googled Blog Help… not much there….
Then I was off to YouTube… this is were I got a lot of my questions answered that I couldn’t get from the “guru’s”.  Still stumbled around a bit but with persistence I think I have most of it figured out. Now I am sure that I am still missing some information but right now I am feeling good about what I do know.

So are you ready for some blog talk?

Let’s do some break down of the blogger lingo.
Q:  What is the difference between a page and a post on a blog?
A:  Page is used for static information.  Information that isn’t going to change. Examples are your “About You” page, “Contact Us” page, or even “Direction Page”.  Post is what you update daily. You add posts to your blog. Like this post right now that you are reading. These are your news updates as I call them.
Q: What Is a Category and Is It Important for Your Blog?
to read more click on the link below...

Excuse me... Do You Speak Blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment